There should be no need to tell you that traffic is the lifeblood of any online business. No traffic, no leads. No leads, no sales. No sales, no business.
So the first important issue before an online business is to drive more and more traffic to your site, no matter how many leads are converted into successful sales of your products or services.
Here are few tried and true strategies to generate traffic on your site.
- Don’t worry about publishing a ‘great content’. Publish the ‘Right Content’. The Right Content is the Content that generates traffic, leads and subsequently the sales. Content that generates you traffic from Google. Content that proves YOU as an expert of your field and someone people would want to buy from. Explaining clearly, a rock solid content that you can build a business on top of.
- Try to use more visuals and images than text. Make your headlines short and concise. Remember, a to-the-point image actually leads the visitor to read whatever you have posted as text content. If your visual presentation is not eye catching, nobody cares to give a shit about what you have to say.
- Keep an eagle’s eye on your SEO optimization. Use proper keywords, don’t make it look like an overdone effort. Be honest to the Google. Your Google ranking in search results directly effects the number of visitors on your site, and resultant turn-out in sales leads.
- You may also consider taking the services of a good traffic generating site like Growtraffic.com, who encourage a guaranteed traffic of targeted visitors to your website for a minimal budget. Your content and visual representation will be the ultimate tool to carve out the traffic into sales leads. Remember, every penny you spend wisely must convert into Dollars. Choose your traffic generator wisely.
- Use Facebook ads. Its cheap, its effective and you can direct your advertisements to the targeted audience. Select your audience using what you know about the people you want to reach – such as age, location or many other things – choose the demographics and behaviors that represent your audience. Track the performance of your ad campaign and edit them periodically in the Facebook Ads Manager, Power Editor or Business Manager. Within these tools, you can see what version of your ad is working better than another, or if your ad isn’t being delivered efficiently, and make adjustments accordingly.
- Read as much as you can about the inspirational case studies about ventures who have used varieties of promotional techniques. You always gain a new spark from them.
- Take your online venture as a game! You always play a game to win it, not to lose it, ever!
Just be persuasive, you’ll win it!