Have you ever felt that coins like Bitcoin, Ethereum or Litecoin are not secure and scalable enough? If you have, then DigiByte is something for you!
DigiByte is a community-driven project that has no single point of failure, no ICO, no centralized company behind it, and the founder, developers, and the community are unpaid volunteers that eliminate the bankrupt risk. DigiByte is more than a faster digital currency. It is an innovative blockchain that can be used for digital assets, smart contracts, decentralized applications, and secure authentication.
What is DigiByte?
It is the longest Proof of Work UTXO based blockchain with three layers. The three layers are for smart contracts, decentralized applications, and digital assets. The public ledger is the middle layer where the DGB coin can serve as its base digital asset.
DigiByte was founded by Jared Tate, who is the founder and creator of the DigiByte blockchain. Jared dedicated full-time development towards DigiByte since October 2013. He has been invited by MIT, Harvard, and the US Capitol to speak on blockchain tech. He is also the co-author of the book “Blockchain 2035 The Digital DNA of Internet 3.0”, which is the first book written by a blockchain founder. DigiByte (DGB) is like any other cryptocurrency suitable for payments or transferring value.
Why DigiByte is different?
DigiByte has been working for years thus it managed to prove its security as a blockchain network. Originally, it was launched as a single proof-of-work algorithm but the most unique feature of the project is something else. It was made to prevent mining centralization and to make the network more secure and decentralized therefore it uses five mining algorithms while other networks only use one.
In addition, DigiByte claims to have the “most advanced difficulty stability” of any blockchain through DigiShield, which is being used in Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Zcash, Dogecoin, and many other blockchains. DigiShield re-targets DigiBytes ‘ difficulty in realtime to protect against multi-pools and an over-inflation of easily mined new coins.
DigiByte is 40x faster than Bitcoin because of its 15-second block time compared to BTC 10 minutes blocktime. DigiByte was also the first major Altcoin to implement Segregated Witness technology to improve scalability. From a security and scalability perspective, DigiByte unarguably is ahead of Bitcoin and Litecoin.
How is it produced?
DGB has a fixed supply and a schedule for distribution. There will only be a total of 21 billion DigiBytes created within 21 years. Since there was no ICO, new DigiBytes are always created through mining. The last DGB will be mined approximately in 2035.
Where can DGB be purchased?
It can be purchased and traded on the Bitcoin.com Exchange.
If you want to get your hands on some free DGB, trade a minimum volume of $100 on our exchange during the promotional period.
All eligible traders will be sharing a pool of 50,000 DGB.
How long will the promotion last?
The giveaway will last for 6 days starting on Wednesday, July 8th 10:00 AM UTC, and ending on Sunday, July 12th 23:59 UTC.
Terms & Conditions:
- Participants must have a Bitcoin.com Exchange account.
- One airdrop per person only.
- Participants must trade a minimum of $100 in DGB in total trading volume during the promotion period to participate in the airdrop.
- Bots and fake users are not eligible for the airdrop.
- Rewards will be distributed within 3 weeks from the end of the promotion. All rewards will be distributed directly to the eligible Bitcoin.com Exchange accounts and may not be confirmed in a further announcement. You will be able to log in and see your rewards via Reports > Deposits and Withdrawal History.
- The 50,000 DGB Giveaway is hosted by FMFW Ltd (the “Bitcoin.com Exchange”). The Bitcoin.com Exchange reserves the right to cancel the promotion or amend its terms or conditions unilaterally without prior notification.